Our Principal Michael Rumore obtained his full Private Inquiry Agent License in 1984 and commenced to work as a full-time freelance surveillance operative for a number of investigation agencies in Australia.
In 1990 Michael became a Principal Contractor having secured his own high-profile client base including a number of Commonwealth Government Utilities and Departments and major corporations and insurance companies.
In those early years Michael completed a number of University Diploma courses including “Investigation Methods” and “Investigative Interviewing and Recording Techniques”, both conducted by the Faculty of Education, University of Canberra. Michael has also completed with Distinction, two Diploma courses at the University of Western Sydney in Investigations Management and Corporate Investigations.
In 2001 Michael was invited by the NSW Department of Education to sit on a review panel for the re-writing and evaluation of the NSW TAFE Private Inquiry Agents course offered in Technical and Further Education colleges around NSW.
Between 2004 and 2005 Michael sat on an industry review panel to evaluate the proposed new legislation for the industry and further attended an industry symposium on proposed Privacy Legislation – as invited by the Deputy Privacy Commissioner.
Michael has been retained in matters of serious crime on behalf of the Defence and most notably for the following matters:
- The murder of Sallyanne Huckstep in Centennial Park by Arthur Neddy Smith
- The stabbing murders by Seth Gonzalez of his parents and sister at North Ryde
- The kidnap and murder of Kerry Whelan and the murder of Dorothy Davis by Bruce Burrell (given aborted trials and other dramas those investigations extended over nine years)
- The gang-rapes of a number of young women in Northcote Park, Greenacre led by Mohammad and Bilal Skaff
- The murder of stand-over man Tony Hines by “Bra Boy” Jai Abberton
- The stabbing murders by Jeffrey Gilham of his mother, father and brother in their home
- The gunshot murder of Cabramatta Politian John Newman by Fong Phuong Ngo (Australia’s first ever political assassination)
- The “Homicide by police” of Ronnie Levi on Bondi Beach
Other notable matters Michael has been involved in include the “stolen” Hawach family children taken from Australia and eventually located in Lebanon. In that matter Rumore Associates was armed with a Hague Convention Order permitting us to immediately take safe possession of the children on locating them, no matter what the circumstances or the situation and outside and above any local law, and to return them to their mother or suitable law enforcement agency.
Michael continues to be an operational and fully licensed Private Inquiry and Commercial Agent.